We focus on long-term health.
Our goal is to create healing and physical wellness through a multi-faceted approach to chiropractic care. We believe in finding the root of your problem – not just treating the symptoms – and creating a unique treatment program that encourages lasting recovery as well as freedom from painful symptoms. It is our philosophy that over time, a properly integrated approach to healing can create lasting recovery.
Our brand new Westchester facility is equipped with dedicated spaces for chiropractic, physiotherapy and massage, as well as on-site digital X-ray and orthotic fittings. We are committed to providing the best possible care to our patients and to our community.
A diverse and flexible approach.
The focus of chiropractic is to alleviate misalignments of vertebrae, which can impede the body’s nervous function and prevent the body from functioning properly. Because each patient is different, we take great pride in creating a unique treatment plan tailored to the needs and goals of each individual. Every new patient is given a full examination prior to any treatment, along with a comprehensive X-ray and review of health history. Once we have a clear and specific view of the situation and your unique physiology, we can then work together to create a plan aimed at your individual needs.
Whether you’re looking for relief and recovery for specific ailments, or you’re interested in improving your general health and well-being, Dr. Petrak can find an approach that works for you.
Dr. Petrak was trained at the Palmer College of Chiropractic, the first chiropractic school created by the founder of chiropractic medicine in 1897.
The Palmer Method involves the blending of several techniques:
- Activator Method
- Toggle Recoil
Once we have a clear and specific view of the situation and your unique physiology, we can then work together to create a plan aimed at your individual needs.
What To Expect
We offer many different services and specialites. We do not take a "one-size" approach, but rather rely on a variety of modalities to aid in your complete recovery.
- Chiropractic Care The focus of our practice, chiropractic manipulation is the practice of improving the function of the nervous system through proper spinal alignment. We correct subluxations (misalignments of the vertebrae) through a variety of corrective techniques.
- Massage Therapy When paired with a chiropractic regimen, massage therapy can greatly aid in recovery, range of motion and improve the efficiency of the chiropractic adjustments. Our on-site massage therapist is trained in variety of techniques.
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation A great compliment to our core chiropractic care, Dr. Petrak can perform a variety of exercises, stretches and traction in the therapy room.
- Sports Therapy As a former college athlete, Dr. Petrak is aware of the unique needs of athletes, and is fully trained in the latest sports rehabilitation techniques. We work with athletes to aid in recovery from injury and to optimize player performance.
- Pediatric Care During times of rapid bone development and growth, proper chiropractic care can have life-long effects on your child’s wellness. As a family-focused center, we are trained in the unique needs of infants, children and teenagers.
- Pregnancy Care The physical stresses of pregnancy can create a variety of concerns, with back pain being the most common complaint among expecting mothers. We can help provide an improvement in the health and comfort of both mother and baby, both during and after pregnancy.
- Orthotics/GAIT Analysis We have the technology to do on-site creation of orthotics as well as full gait analysis. Patients have been amazed at the difference they see when properly fitted with well-made orthotics.
- On-site Digital X-Ray Our brand-new X-ray capabilities let us create a highly accurate assessment of your physical alignment, quickly and conveniently at our facility.
There are many ailments that can be improved with chiropractic:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc Problems
- Headaches and migraines
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash and collision injuries
- Occupational injuries
- TMJ disorders
- Digestive problems
- Bed wetting
- Carpal tunnel
- Knee and ankle pain
About Dr. Petrak
Dr. Stephen Petrak grew up in Burr Ridge and was exposed to chiropractic at a young age.
He played basketball and football at Nazareth Academy in LaGrange Park. After a football game, his sophomore year at Nazareth, Dr. Petrak was experiencing severe back pain. The pain made it difficult for him to sit, stand, and walk. After a few days of struggling with the pain Dr. Petrak went to a chiropractor, and it changed his life. Through chiropractic care the pain was relieved and Dr. Petrak was able to function at his highest level. This life changing event allowed Dr. Petrak to pursue his dream of playing college basketball, which he did at Lake Forest College. He later transferred to Indiana University getting his degree in biology.
He attended Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. Palmer was the first chiropractic educational institution and was established by the founders of chiropractic care. As such, Dr. Petrak was taught multiple techniques allowing him to individualize adjustments to optimally treat each patient. In addition, Dr. Petrak has focused his training on family wellness, caring for patients of all ages from children to the elderly.
After graduating from Palmer, Dr. Petrak worked at a high volume practice on the northside of Chicago where he gained valuable experience in all aspects of chiropractic care. He brings this training, expertise, and passion to his newly formed practice, the Petrak Family Chiropractic Center.
"Through chiropractic care the pain was relieved and Dr. Petrak was able to function at his highest level. This life changing event allowed Dr. Petrak to pursue his dream of playing college basketball."
We don't like surprises and we're sure that you don't either.
We work with you and your insurance provider regarding the details of your coverage and benefits so that you are aware of exact costs at all times. Any out-of-pocket costs will be discussed prior to treatment.
New patient forms
Please click here to complete our New Patient Forms.
Make an appointment today.
Visit us at our brand new Westchester location. Our center is located near the junction of 88, 290 and 294, making it convenient for patients throughout the western Chicago suburbs and beyond.
If you'd like make make an appointment for a consultation, please give us a call at 708-223-8494 or click here to request an appointment through our online scheduler.
If you have any questions or comments, drop us a note.
Westchester, IL 60154 p. 708-223-8494 f. 708-731-3908 Office Hours
|Monday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
|Wednesday||3 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
3 p.m. - 6 p.m.